Let's get posBoss and Smartpay talking!
Before we start here's some things to note
Integration is included on our Control add on as part of your subscription
(Management site - Settings > posBoss Settings > Subscription)
With Smartpay, depending on your terminal, you can be set up with Smartlink or SmartConnect. If you are using SmartConnect - this article is not the one. Head on over here.
Smartlink integration is available with:
- Smartpay D210 (mobile Wifi)
- Smartpay S80 + S300 (hardwired counter-top)
- Smartpay S800+ S300 (hardwired counter-top)
- Smartpay S800(hardwired counter-top)
- Smartpay S920 (In Wifi mode only)
Once you integrate the device with the posBoss till app, it is locked down so that every Eftpos transaction must go through posBoss. You cannot use it separately.
Please Note: We highly recommend having a dedicated network, solely for posBoss and Smartpay if you are setting up integrated eftpos. Other devices joining the network can cause communication issues.
Getting Set Up
Set up the terminal with Smartpay
Once you receive the terminal give Smartpay a call and ask them:
- to get you set up with Smartlink
- for the terminal to have a Static IP
- to show you how to find the IP address
Set up posBoss for eftpos
Select your provider on the Control tab in your settings on your Management site:
Settings > posBoss Settings > Control.
You will see the following. Click inside the button where it says None.
then select your provider
and finally, click Save. You will see some links below to help you get set up.
- In the posBoss till app go to: Settings > Press Sync Menu.
- After syncing is finished, fully close and restart the posBoss till app (press the iPad’s home button twice, and swipe up on posBoss to close).
- Open the posBoss till app again then: Settings > Eftpos > Connect
- Locate the IP address from your Eftpos terminal and enter the IP address of the Eftpos terminal into the field at the top called Smartpay Terminal IP Address, replacing the default text.
- Test by pressing Logon. The terminal will run it's test and should then print out a success message.