Firstly, Are you still able to print at all? If not follow the process by clicking the button below:
If you can still print:
Most likely causes - network/router issue.
Important: DON’T delete the posBoss iPad app.
- Check cash drawer cable - remove and replace.
- Go to Settings > Printers and check everything is set up correctly.
- Check iPad is on correct Wifi.
- Close and restart the posBoss app + reboot iPad
In the posBoss iPad app, go to Settings > Printers, select the first printer and press Open Cash Drawer. Does it open?
Here’s a troubleshooting guide. Test the cash drawer again after each step:
- Try removing the iPad from the network and connecting again. Got to the iPad settings > Wi-Fi and click the blue information button at the far right. Press “Forget This Network”. Locate the network and log into it again using your password.
- Are the printers properly cabled into the router? is the Cash drawer properly cabled to the printer? Try taking the cables out and plug them back in.
- Try turning off the router for a full minute then restarting it. Leave it for another couple of minutes. If you have Star printers, the IP address may have changed so you’ll need to get the IP and enter in again to the printer settings.
- Delete and reinstall posBoss using the process below: