To purchase the compatible hardware listed in this article:
In New Zealand order directly from your management site - Settings > Hardware.
For Australian customers - AUS Hardware
For smooth running of posBoss, we recommend getting the latest version iPad (5th or 6th generation).
- We don't currently work on any iPad Pro or the new iPad Air 10.5 inch (though these are scheduled to be supported before August).
- Purchase iPads from your local reseller or directly from Apple.
- Older iPads may still work with posBoss but are not recommended if you have a multiple till or eftpos integrated setup.
- Some Older iPads are unable to install the latest versions of Apple iOS (operating system) as well as the latest versions of posBoss. The operating system needs to be at least iOS 9.
For the most stable setup, we recommend using ethernet printers (that require cabling through to your router). However there are bluetooth and wi-fi options available. LEt's take a look.
Ethernet Thermal printers - plug directly into the router (USB versions will not work)
- Star TSP143III (TSP100) Ethernet Receipt Printer
- Epson TM-T82II Ethernet Printer
Bluetooth Thermal printers - wireless
NB: Only for single printer / Single till setups
For Food Trucks we recommend:
- Star SM-S220i MFI Mobile Printer (not able to work with a cash drawer)
- Star mPOP Bluetooth Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
For cafe's, restaurants, bars and the like.
- Star TSP143iii Bluetooth
For these printers you will need a very stable and strong, dedicated network using a commercial grade router. Chat to us if you're unsure.
- Star TSP143IIIWLAN
Dot Matrix Printers
Ideal for printing dockets in kitchens (please note the font size is a little smaller on dockets for this printer)
- Epson TM-U220B
There are plenty of cash drawers that can connect to the above printers. The only specs are that they are 24v and have a RJ12 plug (Standard Receipt Printer Connector).
You can use any stand compatible with your model of iPad. We recommend Heckler stands (but can take 2 weeks to arrive from USA).
Check out the integrated* eftpos options HERE, or use any payment option alongside posBoss.
*Integration - meaning that posBoss sends bill totals directly to the terminal.