For smooth running of posBoss, we recommend getting the latest version iPad (5th or 6th generation).
- We don't currently work on any iPad Pro.
- Purchase iPads from your local reseller or directly from Apple.
- Older iPads may still work with posBoss but are not recommended if you have a multiple till or eftpos integrated setup.
- Some Older iPads are unable to install the latest versions of Apple iOS (operating system) as well as the latest versions of posBoss. The operating system needs to be at least iOS 9.
Ethernet Thermal printers - plug directly into the router (USB versions will not work)
- Star TSP143III (also known as TSP100) Ethernet Receipt Printer
- Epson TM-T82II Ethernet Printer
Bluetooth Thermal printers - wireless (Only for use with small operations printing to one printer and using one iPad - printing to multiple bluetooth printers will not work)
- Star SM-S220i MFI Mobile Printer (not able to work with a cash drawer)
- Star mPOP Combined Bluetooth Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
- Star TSP143iii Bluetooth
Dot Matrix Printers - ideal for printing dockets in kitchens (please note the font size is a little smaller on dockets for this printer)
- Epson TM-U220B
There are plenty of cash drawers that can connect to the above printers. The only specs are that they are 24v and have a RJ12 plug (Standard Receipt Printer Connector).
You can use any stand compatible with your model of iPad. We recommend Heckler stands (but can take 2 weeks to arrive from USA).
Check out the integrated* eftpos options HERE, or use any payment option alongside posBoss.
*Integration - meaning that posBoss sends bill totals directly to the terminal.