For smooth running of posBoss, we recommend getting the latest version iPad (5th or 6th generation).
- We don't currently work on any iPad Pro.
- Purchase iPads from your local reseller or directly from Apple.
- Older iPads may still work with posBoss but are not recommended if you have a multiple till or eftpos integrated setup.
- Some Older iPads are unable to install the latest versions of Apple iOS (operating system) as well as the latest versions of posBoss...
Ethernet Thermal printers - plug directly into the router (USB versions will not work)
- Star TSP143III Ethernet Receipt Printer
- Epson TM-T82II Ethernet Printer
Bluetooth Thermal printers - wireless (Only for use with small operations printing to one printer and using one iPad - printing to multiple bluetooth printers will not work)
- Star SM-S220i MFI Mobile Printer (not able to work with a cash drawer)
- Star mPOP Combined Bluetooth Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
- Star TSP143iii Bluetooth
Dot Matrix Printers - ideal for printing dockets in kitchens (please note the font size is a little smaller on dockets for this printer)
- Epson TM-U220B
There are plenty of cash drawers that can connect to the above printers. The only specs are that they are 24v and have a RJ12 plug (Standard Receipt Printer Connector).
You can use any stand compatible with your model of iPad. We recommend Heckler stands (but can take 2 weeks to arrive from USA).
Check out the integrated* eftpos options HERE, or use any payment option alongside posBoss.
*Integration - meaning that posBoss sends bill totals directly to the terminal.