When you’re all ready to roll, it’s time for a system test!
Important - Use Training Mode
Use the training mode in posBoss to test the system. In the posBoss iPad Till app, go to Settings > Start Training. This mode will allow you to practice almost all of the functions of posBoss, without saving any order and transaction information to your management site.
To go back to Live mode, got to Settings > Finish Training and click Ok.
What to Test on the posBoss iPad app:
- Printing - Go to Settings > Printers, Select your printer(s) and do a test print on all of them.
Can't print? Check out this one.
- General Print settings - ensure your printing is set up correctly, prompting (or not) for Orders as well as Receipts
- Order Printing - Are your printing sections set up correctly - if you print multiple dockets or print to multiple printers for different sections of the menu.
- Cash Drawer - is it opening for cash (and card if set up) transactions.
Any issues? Check this one out...
- Eftpos (if used) - create an order and pay by card. The "connecting to Terminal" screen should appear and the terminal should light up as it receives the order.
Not working? Please head to help.posbosshq.com and search for your eftpos provider to find the troubleshooting doc for your terminal.
- Pre-defined Tabs - Are your Pre-defined tabs set up (if used).
- Network Unavailable - Test the network being unavailable. Turn router off. Test your fallback process for printing Order Dockets and Receipts (use the email receipts function).
- Network issues resolved - Test your network coming back online. Turn on the router. Check printers and troubleshoot any issues. Check in Settings > History to ensure transactions and orders are receiving Green Ticks (meaning they are uploading to the management site).
All working so far? If so - Turn off Training mode
Test your iPads are syncing (if more than one iPad used) - This is the final test to do and it only works in live mode. Here's how:
- Create a tab on one iPad but don't add any items. Press Close tab to save it.
- Wait 15 seconds
- Open up the Tabs page on the second iPad/s and if all is well, you will be able to see the tab created earlier.
- Open the tab and press the small dropdown menu at the top right. Select Delete to remove the tab.
- Wait 15 seconds - check the first iPad to make sure the tab disappears.
Syncing not going to plan? Check out this article:
Otherwise - Congratulations you made it through and you're good to go!! Let us know through support chat if you have any questions or issues...