We have recently added some new reports in posBoss. Please click the button below to take the guided tour.
Types of reports in posBoss:
There are two main types of reporting on the posBoss Management Site.
- Stock reporting - Located under the Stock tab, these reports are based on gross stock movement and don't take into account if the stock has been paid for or has been discounted, sent to wastage, hospo or on an account. Otherwise known as Gross Sales
- Sales reporting - Located under the Financials tab, this report takes into account all of the variables that affect the amount paid for an item, such as discount, wastage, hospo, account assignments and payments.
Items Moved Report
This report displays a list and totals of all items and modifications moved through posBoss in the reporting time period selected. It defaults to the current day but any time period can be reported on. You can export this report out to a .csv file.
View the items moved report by selecting the categories you want to appear on screen
From Left to Right
- Toggle whether you want to display all or none
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Note: Anything showing in green will appear on the report. In the pic below we are displaying alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
For more on setting categories click the button below
Items Analysis Report
The items analysis report allows you to build, view and export custom reports, based on gross sales. You can view all sales as well as compare or combine items, modifications or tags.
For more on setting up tags click the button below
To access the analytics for your menu items, go to the Stock tab and click the Items Analysis report. The custom report screen will appear. There are three selections common to all reports.
- Type of report
- Date range
- View data by sales totals or order numbers
For the compare and combine reports you can select to report on items, mods or tags. Simply click from the left hand panel to add to the selection screen on the right.
Once all of your selections are complete, click Create Report. The report screen with your data will then display:
- Click to refresh screen data
- Click the left or right icons to move the start date by a day
- Click the title to edit the report selections
- Clicking the edit button also allows changes to the report selections
- Click the delete button to remove the current report
At the bottom of the report screen you will find another toolbar with the following functions:
- Click to view or hide the raw data being used in the report
- Click to export file to CSV
- Click to quickly change the date range selection for the report
Please check out the guided tour at the top of this article. The video below is for our old sales reports which will be retired soon.