Most likely causes - iPad full, Old versions of software, Network/router struggling
Try these for a start!
- Check how full the iPad is: iPad Settings > General > iPad Storage. How much space is showing as free/ unused? You may need to clear some space if less than 20% is unused.
- Fully close and restart the posBoss app and reboot the iPad.
- Are any of your iPads not getting cashed up? If so, cash up all at the end of shift (making sure to keep them in the locked position until all are cashed up - i.e. Sitting at the login screen) as this can cause issues with slowness.
- Are you on the latest version of posBoss? (Are any updates showing in the app store?)
- Reboot your router when you get some free moments. Leave off for a full 1-2 minutes before turning back on. (For Star printers, this may change the IP address so you may need to search for the printers again)
- Try removing the iPad from the network and connecting again. Got to the iPad settings >Wi-Fi and click the blue information button at the far right. Press “Forget This Network”. Locate the network and log into it again using the password.
- Have a look at where the router is located. Is the signal strong enough? Is it near other electrical equipment or behind a wall or far away from the pos?
- Do you have a dedicated network for posBoss with no other devices connecting? This is highly recommended, especially if you have more than one till or integrated eftpos.
- How many people are connecting to the router? Are all your staff connected? Are customers accessing it? Is anything else connecting?
- If a lot of people are connected, try resetting the password for the wi-fi and use the system with nothing else running on it. Does that improve things?
If you've tried the above and you are having ongoing issues, get in touch to discuss next steps. Wi-fi networks can get overloaded and you may need to look into options to strengthen this part of your till system - to get the posBoss software, payment terminals and printers working smoothly.
See below also for more advanced troubleshooting (to give to you IT or network tech if you have one)
- Is there anything else running on the network that may be taking up the bandwidth (e.g. closed circuit cameras, streaming audio)
- Are you getting IP address conflicts or any other issues within the network.
- Are the Till system devices the only devices on the network (iPad, printers, payment terminals)?
- Is the router a business or home grade router? A strong business grade router is highly recommended.