Connecting posBoss to Xero is easy.
You need both a posBoss and Xero account and a computer with internet access. We recommend following this process with your accountant.
Here's how it's done!
- Sign into the posBoss Management site (http://posbosshq.com > Sign In)
- Head to Settings > posBoss Settings > Integrations > Xero
- Click on Connect to Xero
You will be taken to the Xero login page. Login using your Xero credentials. If you have multiple businesses using Xero, select the business you want to connect to posBoss. You will then be redirected back to this posBoss screen.
(This is where you might want to have your accountant handy)
There are six accounts you need to set up so posBoss can send your daily takings information to the correct places in Xero.
- a) * Card Sales Holding Account
- b) * Cash Sales Holding Account
- c) * Other Card Sales Holding Account
- d) * Petty Cash Holding Account
- e) ** Sales Revenue Account
- f) *** Cash Unders & Overs Expense Account for variances
*In Xero, the Account type for these accounts defaults to Current Asset with Tax Rate of no GST for New Zealand or BAS Excluded for Australia.
** In Xero, the Account type for this account defaults to Tax Rate of Revenue with GST for New Zealand or GST on Income for Australia.
*** In Xero, the Account type for this account defaults to Direct Cost with Tax Rate of no GST for New Zealand or BAS Excluded for Australia.
Once set up, the 6 accounts will map your posBoss transactions to the correct accounts in Xero.
- Click Create New Xero Account:
- Enter the new account names and account codes
- Click on Create in Xero.
- Make sure you Save.
These accounts are now automatically created in Xero and your posBoss Sales information is linked to Xero Accounts
NZ Xero accounts will appear as below:
Australian Xero accounts will appear as below:
You're done! You can now send your daily cash up to Xero. See how below: