To purchase the compatible hardware listed in this article:
Speak to one of our awesome hardware supply and setup partners local to you. Find them HERE
Alternatively, you can order direct from our website HERE and we'll get it whizzing out your way quick smart!
For smooth running of posBoss, we recommend getting the latest version iPad (5th or 6th generation).
- Purchase iPads from your local reseller or directly from Apple.
- posBoss works on all types of iPads, from the iPad mini through to the iPad pro 12.9 inch.
- Older iPads may still work with posBoss but are not recommended if you have a multiple till or eftpos integrated setup. iPad Air onwards should work fine.
- Some Older iPads are unable to install the latest versions of Apple iOS (operating system) as well as the latest versions of posBoss. The operating system needs to be at least iOS 10 .
For the most stable setup, we recommend using ethernet printers (that require cabling through to your router). However there are bluetooth and wi-fi options available. Let's take a look.
Ethernet Thermal printers - plug directly into the router (USB versions will not work)
- Star TSP143III (TSP100) Ethernet Receipt Printer
- Epson TM-T82II and TM-T82III Ethernet Receipt Printers*
Do we work with other Epson ethernet models?
It is possible that other Epson ethernet model printers will work with posBoss but until they are added to this list, they are unsupported - this means that they are not tested before any posBoss or iOS updates & if they stop working for any reason (including updates to posBoss software), we may be unable to support getting them working again.
Bluetooth Thermal printers - wireless
NB: Only for single printer / Single till setups - they only attach to one iPad.
For Food Trucks we recommend:
- Star SM-S220i MFI Mobile Printer (not able to work with a cash drawer)
- Star mPOP Bluetooth Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
For cafe's, restaurants, bars and the like.
- Star TSP143iii Bluetooth
For these printers you will need a very stable and strong, dedicated network using a commercial grade router. Chat to us if you're unsure.
- Star TSP143IIIWLAN
Dot Matrix Printers
Ideal for printing dockets in kitchens
- Epson TM-U220B
There are plenty of cash drawers that can connect to the above printers. The only specs are that they are 24v and have a RJ12 plug (Standard Receipt Printer Connector).
You can use any stand compatible with your model of iPad. We recommend Heckler stands (but can take 2 weeks to arrive from USA).