posBoss has been designed to be snappy and efficient and able to handle large amounts of transactions. It should never be slow!
Most likely culprit: Not all of the iPads running posBoss are being cashed up. Or lots of accounts with months worth or transactions sitting on them.
- Check how full the iPad is: iPad Settings > General > Storage & iCloud usage. How much space is showing in Available? (you'll want at least 25% free space)
- Fully close and restart the posBoss app and reboot the iPad. (should be done once a day)
- Do you have more than one iPad ? Are any of the others not being cashed up daily - whether used or not? This can cause data problems that worsen over time. If so, follow the steps in this article to fix.
- Do you have old accounts sitting on posBoss that haven't been cleared / settled in a long time (usually staff or admin accounts). If so, it's best to settle them which clears those old transactions from the iPad - the history is still available on management site.
- Are you on the latest iOS version? Check what the latest is HERE then check your iPad under Settings > General > About > Version
- Are you on the latest version of posBoss? (Any updates showing in the app store?)
- Is your iPad getting a little old? If it cannot get the latest version of Apple's Operating System (IOS) then it's time to look at an upgrade.
- Delete and reinstall posBoss. This will correct any posBoss system issues.
Still slow? Ok let's take a look at your iPad.
Check out which version of iPad you are using:
To smoothly run posBoss, we recommend using nothing earlier than iPad Air 1 or the iPad mini 3.
If you do have an older model and you want to try to squeeze some more life out of it you can try the following - but in the end, replacing the iPad is the best solution.
- Fully delete any apps you don’t need on the iPad. Normally this is everything except Apple default apps and posBoss.
- Disable Background App Refresh. iPad Settings > General > Background App Refresh - Don't turn off if using streaming apps like Spotify.
- If you are trying to stream Spotify off an old iPad as well as use posBoss - consider upgrading your iPad.
A few other things you can try (you may need to google how to) are:
- Clearing your browser cache (Safari or Chrome)
- Turning off Location Services (under Settings > Privacy)
- Turning off Siri & Search (under Settings > Siri & Search)
- Enable Reduce Motion (Settings > General > Accessibility and tap the slider for Reduce Motion)