Let's manage some orders!!
Let’s do this! Ok, so at this point you have got your Paperless device(s) set up and ready to take orders (if not, head here)
Super Important: When you add an item to your menu - you need to sync both the posBoss iPads and the Paperless iPads.
OK, Let’s start with the basics - Managing orders on a simple posBoss setup
And by this, we mean posBoss without our Control features such as Table Layout or Staff Emoji Logins.
The basic order layout displays:
- The tab name - Jeremy
- The time waiting in stage - 7
- Order number - Order:1121
- Staff name - None Assigned (needs Emoji logins to display name)
- Order details - All of the items on the order to be prepared
Long orders will display a button - See More. Press on the button to display the full order.
The Order Flow
Paperless is set up to flow from left to right (though we understand this will be polarising). At the top of the screen you will notice three tabs, indicating the stages of service..
Orders arrive in the Preparing tab, then get moved to the Serving tab (for those setups with a server location) and finally to Done.
Orders arrive on the right hand side of the screen and new ones load up on the left. This direction allows for the left to right movement of orders through the stages.
Moving orders between stages
With one finger, drag the order to the right to move it to the next stage.
Made a mistake? Press the stage you moved the order to, find it and drag it with one finger to the left to move it back a stage.
To send an order straight to Done, drag down on the order and let go - and you’re done!
Scrolling the screen
When you have a full screen of orders and more piling up, you may want to scroll through the orders. To do this, take two fingers and swipe in the direction you want the orders to move.
So, to recap - one finger for moving orders, two fingers for scrolling the screen.
When an item is voided, it will appear greyed out on the order. There is no sound notification of this so communication of any voids is recommended.
When a tab or table is split, a new order containing the moved items is created and will appear in the “stage” the original order is currently in.
So, If the tab or table is split while the order is still in the Preparing stage, the moved items will grey out and are added into a section called moved at the bottom.
If the split is made while the order is in Done - such as in the case of splitting bills for payment - the preparing team will not be notified of this.
posBoss Control Features - Table layout and Staff Emoji Logins
Some things to note for our Control features are the..
- Table number - 1 -
- Tab name - The Smiths
- Staff Name - Jonny M
- Table order docket notes (appear at the top on all orders made on the table)
Other super important things to note
- The iPad running paperless must be on at least iOS11.
- You can have up to 5 Paperless iPads running on your posBoss account.
- Orders are cleared out of Done every 12 hours. Order history can be viewed as normal on the posBoss iPad Till App.
- All orders processed in posBoss will appear on the Paperless screen - including hospo - but not wastage. Pressing “Don’t Print” if you have “prompt to print” set up on printers will not stop orders appearing. They all come through.
- If you make any changes to items or sections on the management site you will need to sync the posBoss menu as normal, then sync the Paperless app in Settings. Make sure you tick on any new menu sections under the Paperless settings > Select Received Sections.
- Training mode is not set up to send orders through to Paperless.
- You can use the same iPad for running posBoss and Paperless and switch between the apps.
- Table “Covers” do not yet appear on Paperless orders but you could add it as an order docket note “5 covers”.
- You cannot currently delete a Paperless location once you set it up. But you can log into it when setting up another iPad and selecting the Replace button, and then rename the location in settings
- Got an iPad running iOS 13? You can use Dark mode, woooooooooo!