On the odd occasion, a customer needs a refund after payment via Regulr. Here's how to process that refund.
Preparation - What you'll need
To process the refund you will ideally need the following:
- The full amount of the transaction
- The last 4 digits of their credit card
Other useful info but usually not required
- Their name and email address used for Regulr
- The date and time of the transaction
Let's refund this transaction
- Log into your Stripe account
- From the menu bar on the left, select Payments
- Use the search bar at the top and type in the last 4 digits of the customer's card. You should be able to locate the transaction, based on approximate date and amount. (Note: The time in stripe is based in UTC time - so 12 hours behind NZT and 10 behind AEST - give or take daylight savings)
- In this case we can see the transaction for $4.50 on April 26th that appears on our management site under the customer's account
- Press on the transaction to open it. Note the date is approximately 12 hours behind in this case - meaning it's the right one. Once you're happy to proceed - press the Refund button.
- On the Refund Payment page you can adjust the refund (if it's only partial) and enter a reason if needed. Press refund to complete to process.
- The payment will now show the refund has been processed. Note that it can take 5-10 days to get back to the card.
Here's Stripe's documentation on refunds, which may come in handy.
What if I get stuck?
If you cannot locate the transaction or unsure which is the right one, get in touch with our team using the support messenger and we'll assist.