Let's get posBoss and Smartpay talking!
Before we start here's some things to note
Do I need to be on a specific plan?
You will need the CONTROL add-on.
Our Control add-on not only provides you the ability to connect your Eftpos terminal to posBoss it also gives you a number of extra benefits such as recipe builder, stock control & staff tracking. All for only $20 + gst a month.
Not on Control? Head to Settings by clicking your company name at the top right of your management site then select Subscription and add it to your plan.
With Smartpay, depending on your terminal, you can be set up with Smartlink or SmartConnect. If you are using Smartlink - this article is not the one for you. Head on over here.
What Terminals can be setup with posBoss?
SmartConnect integration is available with:
- Smartpay S920 mobile Wifi/GPRS (can be run on either)
- Smartpay S800 fixed IP
- Smartpay S80/S300 Fixed IP
- Smartpay S800/S300 Fixed IP
- Smartpay D210 mobile Wifi
- Smartpay S90 mobile GPRS
- Smartpay S900 (no longer sold)
SmartConnect has integrated tipping and surcharge - where any tip or surcharge totals from the terminal are recorded in your cash up. Contact Smartpay to get this enabled.
Getting Set Up
Set up the terminal with Smartpay
Once you receive the terminal, follow the SmartConnect guide to get set up and locate your 8 Digit Pairing Code.
(Contact Smartpay if you get stuck here)
Set up posBoss for eftpos
Select your provider in Onsite menu > posBoss iPads on your Management site.
Here you will see the Eftpos Integration selector Click inside the button where it says None, then select your provider.
Click Save then make sure you press sync menu in posBoss app on your iPad as detailed below...
- In the posBoss till app go to: Settings > Press Sync Menu.
- After syncing is finished, fully close and restart the posBoss till app (press the iPad’s home button twice, and swipe up on posBoss to close).
- Open the posBoss till app again then: Settings > Eftpos > Connect
- Locate your 8 digit pairing code and enter into the Connect to Smartpay Terminal window. Then press Pair Terminal
- You're done!
Can't see the SmartConnect logo in posBoss eftpos settings? If you were previously on Smartpay Smartlink you will need to press the settings button at the top right of the window, then press disconnect.