Let's get posBoss and Verifone talking!
Before we start here's some things to note
Do I need to be on a specific plan?
You will need the CONTROL add-on.
Our Control add-on not only provides you the ability to connect your Eftpos terminal to posBoss it also gives you a number of extra benefits such as Recipe Builder, Stock Control & Staff Tracking. All for only $20 + gst a month.
Not on Control? Head to Settings by clicking your company name at the top right of your management site then select Subscription and add it to your plan.
What Verifone Terminals can be setup with posBoss?
Currently, integration is available with the terminals below:
- VX820 Duet
- VX520 1 and 2 Piece
- VX680 WiFi
Will I need to make changes to my router or network?
Please Note: We highly recommend having a dedicated network and a router with a strong signal, solely for posBoss and Verifone devices. Other devices (from phones to streaming cameras) joining your network can cause communication issues.
Getting Set Up
Set up the terminal to talk to posBoss
Contact your Eftpos Terminal provider (who you bought your terminal from) to ensure:
- The Verifone terminal is configured for integration with a till system*.
- The Verifone terminal is set up with a Static IP address.
- You know how to find the IP address of the terminal - as you will need this address to connect posBoss to the terminal.
- If they are unsure, Here's all the Technical Jargon you need to send through to your eftpos terminal provider to make sure they have done the following: They need to set the terminal up for an IP interface listening on port 20001. Do this by creating a record on the TMS (terminal management system) which is called Vericentre. They then download this into the terminal which completes the terminal piece.
Set up posBoss for talking to the eftpos terminal
If you’re sorted with the above, then there’s just a few steps to get your integration happening:
Select your eftpos supplier (Management site)
Select your provider in Onsite menu > posBoss iPads on your Management site.
Here you will see the Eftpos Integration selector. Click inside the button where it says None then select your provider.
Click Save then make sure you press sync menu in posBoss app on your iPad as detailed below...
- In the posBoss iPad till app go to: Settings > Press Sync Menu.
- After syncing is finished, fully close and restart the posBoss iPad till app (press the iPad’s home button twice, and swipe up on posBoss to close).
- Open the posBoss iPad till app again, then: Settings > Eftpos > Connect
- Locate the IP address from your Eftpos terminal and enter that IP address into the field at the top called Verifone Terminal IP Address, replacing any default text.
5. Press the Continue button and if all is set up correctly, you will receive a success message. As a final test, press the settings button at the top right of the window to access the Verifone Admin Functions. Press Logon. The terminal will run its tests and should then print out a success message.
The Verifone Admin Functions page also displays the terminal's IP address you have entered. Here, you can also print your last receipt, and perform settlement enquiries and cutovers.
At the bottom of the page is the Disconnect button. Press this to go back to processing card payments without talking to the Verifone terminal.