Let's get posBoss and Tyro talking!
Before we start here's some things to note
Do I need to be on a specific plan?
You will need the CONTROL add-on.
Our Control add-on not only provides you the ability to connect your Eftpos terminal to posBoss it also gives you a number of extra benefits such as Recipe Builder, Stock Control & Staff Tracking. All for only $20 + gst a month.
Not on Control? Head to Settings by clicking your company name at the top right of your management site then select Subscription and add it to your plan.
Getting Set Up
Arrange your terminal and credentials with Tyro
You will need your Tyro terminal and your Tyro credentials - Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID).
Set up posBoss to integrate with Tyro eftpos
Make sure you are on the latest posBoss release (release number (minimum of version 4.5.0) from the app store.
Select your provider in Onsite menu > posBoss iPads on your Management site.
Here you will see the Eftpos Integration selector. Click inside the button where it says None then select your provider.
Click Save then make sure you press sync menu in the posBoss app on your iPad as detailed below...
- In the posBoss till app go to: Settings > Press Sync Menu.
- After syncing is finished, fully close and restart the posBoss till app (press the iPad’s home button twice, and swipe up on posBoss to close).
- Open the posBoss till app again then: Settings > Eftpos > Connect (The Tyro Logo should appear here)
- Follow the steps in the Tyro setup widows that appear (Select your terminal, enter in your MID and TID details and press Authorise.)
- If you get an error here, try to authorise again on both posBoss and the Tyro terminal - when all is working you should receive a Pairing Successful message.
- You're done! When you next Pay by card in posBoss, the Tyro screen will appear and guide you through the payment process.
Tyro Settings in posBoss
How to disconnect, change receipt printing, perform your end of day reconciliation...