On the odd occasion, a customer needs a refund after payment via Regulr. Here's how to process that refund.
Locate the account on your management site under Accounts > Active Accounts > Regulr Customers.
Open the customer's account and press the Breakdown button in the Previously Settled section for the time period you're after.
Then scroll down until you see the payment record. It will be called Regulr and the amount will be in blue as it is a link to Stripe. Click the link and you will be taken to the payment in Stripe.
Here's Stripe's documentation on refunds, which may come in handy.
If you are unable to find the record that way you can do it manually in Stripe...
Manually locate the account in stripe - Preparation
To process the refund you will ideally need the following:
- The full amount of the transaction
- The last 4 digits of their credit card (ask customer to confirm)
Other useful info but usually not required
- Their name and email address used for Regulr
- The date and time of the transaction
Let's refund this transaction
- Log into your Stripe account
- From the menu bar on the left, select Payments
- Use the search bar at the top and type in the last 4 digits of the customer's card. You should be able to locate the transaction, based on approximate date and amount. (Note: The time in Stripe is based in UTC time - so 12 hours behind NZT and 10 behind AEST - give or take daylight savings)
- Double check the amount against the customer's payment record in posBoss
- Press on the transaction to open it. Note the date is approximately 12 hours behind in this case - meaning it's the correct one. Once you're happy to proceed - press the Refund button.
- On the Refund Payment page you can adjust the refund (if it's only partial) and enter a reason if needed. Press refund to complete to process.
- The payment will now show the refund has been processed. Note that it can take 5-10 days to get back to the card.
What if I get stuck?
If you cannot locate the transaction or unsure which is the right one, get in touch with our team using the support messenger and we'll assist.