What do I need?
To get posBoss and Square talking you will need the following:
- posBoss subscription that has the Control add on, and an iPad.
- A Square Point of Sale account. Sign up to accept card payments with Square and posBoss and get your first $500 of sales processed fee-free!
- The Square Point of Sale app downloaded onto your iPad and logged in.
- Square contactless + chip reader the is paired to your iPad using bluetooth. Setup Instructions.
Connecting posBoss and Square:
A couple of things to note for your Square Point of Sale setup:
- posBoss does not yet support multiple sites. If you have multiple sites with Square we only connect to the first site in your list.
- Receipts. You have the option to use receipts in either posBoss or Square. To configure receipts in Square - Configure Square Receipts. To turn off Square receipts - Skip Receipt.
Once your Square account is set up and you're ready to connect posBoss…
Select your provider on the Control tab in your Management site settings:
Settings > posBoss Settings > Control.
You will see the following. Click inside the button where it says None.
then select your provider
and finally, click Save. You will see some links below to help you get set up.
- Once Activated, head to the posBoss iPad till app, go to Settings and press the Sync Menu button. Once synced, close and restart the posBoss iPad till app and reopen it. Head to the settings again and you will see the Eftpos button.
- Are you using an iPad with iOS13? It so head to Settings > Safari on your iPad. Scroll down near the bottom and untick "Request Desktop Site" then head back to posBoss settings...
- Press Eftpos and then press the Connect button next to the Square logo.
- At this point, you'll be taken through to the Square website to link Square with posBoss. Log in with the same Square account details as you logged into the Square app with.
- After login you will see this page, followed by a pop-up. accept Press Open to complete the linking process. You may see this pop-up a couple more times as the apps first connect a payment. Press Open when prompted. You will also be asked to allow posBoss permission to the Square app. Press Allow when prompted.
- The posBoss iPad till app will reopen at the eftpos page and you will see a success message. Press the X at the top right to close the window and get started with taking payments!