Most likely causes: Verifone terminal not set up correctly, verifone update issues, changes on network or configuration, network/router issue.
Here's some Quick Fixes:
- Ensure your posBoss iPad and Verifone terminal are running on the same Wi-fi.
- Head to the Verifone Admin Functions on your posBoss till app on the iPad - under Settings > Eftpos > press the button at the top right. Here is where you make sure your Verifone terminal's IP address is entered. Make sure this number here matches your Verifone terminal address. (If it reads 192.168.0.99 it's most likely incorrect) Not sure how to find your terminal address? Get in contact with your Eftpos Terminal provider.
Are you getting an error that says the transaction was refused or another error? This usually means that Verifone has not been set up correctly.
Please get in touch with your eftpos terminal provider with these specific questions - send or read out the following:
- Does the Connection and setup in Vericentre look correct - They need to have set the terminal up for an IP interface listening on port 20001.
- The terminal needs to be set up with a static IP address
- Has Vericentre been updated recently?
- If updated recently - was the template used one that allows integrations? (With all Verifone installs there is a software download to the terminal called UIA, this is the software that connects posBoss to the Verifone terminal). Inside of the UIA it needs to be set to use IP & 20001. The software setup could be incorrect and running on COM1, USB or IP 40001. Or the UIA that downloaded could be the wrong one - that doesn't have the POS interface applet added.
From the posBoss side of things:
We don't expect many issues on the posBoss side of things but If contacting your provider with the information above hasn't worked - on the odd occasion, posBoss files can get an issue, especially if swapping over terminals between iPads.
Try a delete and reinstall of posBoss to see if that fixes the issue. You will need to re-connect your Verifone terminal after the reinstall so it's worth noting down your Verifone IP address so you can easily re-enter .
Here's the process:
- On the posBoss iPad till app - press the Settings button and then Eftpos.
- Press the small settings button on the eftpos page - then press the Disconnect button
- Reinstall posBoss:
From there it should be as simple as following the initial setup article to configure posBoss to talk to the right IP address.
Experiencing ongoing issues with connecting to eftpos?
Most ongoing eftpos issues that occur between posBoss and the eftpos devices are caused by underlying issues on the Router. A reboot of the router may help in the short term but if issues persist...
See our troubleshooting guide for ongoing intermittent issues
Eftpos button has disappeared
Is the Eftpos button no longer there? Click here.
Pressing Enter after cancelling a transaction
Depending on your terminal setup, you may have to press enter after cancelling a transaction on the terminal to send this information back to posBoss. To remove the need to press enter, contact your Eftpos terminal provider to get them to configure this for you.
My eftpos cutover doesn't reconcile with my cash up
- Check with your Eftpos terminal provider what your cutover times are and make sure they match your trading hours.
- Are your team putting through manual transactions that aren't recorded in posBoss? If this is happening and causing issues, speak with your Eftpos terminal provider to configure manual payments to be accessed via a menu to make it less easily accessible.