Most likely causes - network/router issue.
Important: DON’T delete the posBoss iPad app.
- Check Internet access is working
- Fully close and restart the posBoss app.
- Check the iPad is on the correct Wifi.
- Reboot the iPad.
- Reboot router. (Star Printers - check the printer’s IP address afterwards as it may change)
- Check with your Internet provider to see if there are any known service issues.
posBoss needs to be connected to the internet to send all your data through to the management site. When Offline, the data will keep trying to sync until you get back online.
Here’s some further steps to follow to get back online.
- Check the colour of the cloud at the top left of the main posBoss screen. It should be green with a tick. If not, press the cloud for a little more info.
- Go to Settings > History and scroll through the orders/transactions. Are there any showing red exclamation marks?
Any red showing is a sure sign that the iPad is not connecting with the cloud. Try the following and Check if things are working after each step.
- Try removing the iPad from the network and connecting again. Go to the iPad settings > Wi-Fi and click the blue information button at the far right. Press “Forget This Network”. Locate the network and log into it again using the password.
- Try turning off the router again for a full 1-2 minutes then restarting it. Leave it for another couple of minutes. If you have Star printers, the IP address may have changed so you’ll need to get the IP and enter in again to the posBoss printer settings.
- Try setting up a personal hotspot from a mobile phone that’s not connected to the wifi network (Use 3G/4G). Connect the iPad to the hotspot and check if the cloud changes colour or the transactions are starting to sync. If so, there is an issue with the router or internet connection.
The above should fix or pinpoint the cause of most connectivity issues. If you’re still not up and running, please get in touch with posBoss support so we can assist further.