Most likely causes: Changes on network or configuration, network/router issue.
Is the Eftpos button no longer there?
- Check the iPad and Eftpos are on same network. Look in iPad settings > Wi-Fi
- Close and restart the posBoss app.
- Reboot both iPad and Eftpos terminal (remove terminal battery if possible and replace)
- Does your 8 digit pairing code on Eftpos terminal and posBoss Eftpos settings match? (contact Smartpay if unable to locate)
- Have you swapped to a new Terminal? You may need to do a full Delete and Reinstall of posBoss to refresh the settings and allow you to set up again.
Most eftpos issues that occur between posBoss and the Smartpay device are caused by underlying issues on the Network or Router. Rebooting the router may help in the short term but if intermittent connection issues persist, check out the following article:
- Try restarting your router. Turn off the router for a full minute then restart it. Leave it for another couple of minutes. Please note: If you have Star printers, the IP address may have changed so you may need to Search for printers again to locate them - in the posBoss printer settings.
- Have there been any recent changes on your network? You may need to contact your IT provider to assist.
- Contact the Smartpay Technical Helpdesk for support on 0800 476 278.
- Contact posBoss support and advise what you've tried.