Most likely causes: iPad is on a different wi-fi, Changes on network or configuration, network/router issue.
Is the Eftpos button no longer there?
- Double-Check that the iPad hasn't moved off to another Wi-Fi network. Do this under iPad Settings > Wi-Fi
- Head to Settings > Eftpos on the posBoss iPad app and ensure you HIT Credentials are entered correctly.
- Close and restart the posBoss app.
- Reboot both iPad and Eftpos terminal (remove terminal battery if possible and replace)
- Have you swapped to a new Terminal for this iPad? You may need to do a full Delete and Reinstall of posBoss to refresh the settings and allow you to set up again.
Experiencing intermittent issues with posBoss not connecting to your Windcave terminal? Check out this article:
Here’s some more troubleshooting tips.
- Try restarting your router. Turn off the router for a full minute then restart it. Leave it for another couple of minutes. Please note: If you have Star printers, the IP address may have changed so you may need to Search for printers again and locate them in the posBoss printer settings.
- Have there been any recent changes on your network? You may need to contact your IT provider to assist.
- The last things you can do from the posBoss side of things is a delete and reinstall of posBoss. This will reset everything so you will need to enter in your HIT credentials again.
- Contact the Windcave Technical Helpdesk for support.
- Contact posBoss support and advise what you've tried - and we'll see what we can do to help.