What cables do I need for my printers and cash drawers?

Brent Wimmers avatar
Written by Brent Wimmers
Updated over a week ago


Network cabling (Cat 5, 5e or Cat 6 Ethernet Cabling) is used to connect printers directly to your network router. 

Cabling is the most reliable way of transferring data to printers and is good for up to 100 metres.

We recommend direct cables where possible for the smoothest running of Bustle. For a more complex setup where cabling is not an option, wireless extenders (with ethernet port) can be used. Discuss the compatibility of any extenders to your router with your Internet Service Provider or IT technician.

Cash Drawers

Cash drawers also need the cable provided to be plugged directly into the printer to allow for automatic till opening with a sale.

The cable needs to be an RJ12 cable and the cash drawer has to be 24V.

Did this answer your question?